Davis County Hospital is pleased to welcome Kathy Ayers, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP), to the Davis County Hospital Medical Associates clinic provider group.
Kathy is a Certified Diabetes Educator who will practice at Davis County Hospital on two Wednesdays each month. She is available to see patients for Diabetes Management, and will work with them to:
- Teach basic information about diabetes and its management
- Understand diabetes devices, such as blood glucose meters, insulin pens, insulin pumps
- Adopt healthy eating habits through nutrition education
- Monitor blood glucose and learn how to interpret and respond to results
- Understand their medications
“If you have diabetes, you know how challenging it can be to manage your disease,” stated Kathy Ayers, ARNP. “Between healthy eating, physical activity, taking medication, and monitoring your condition, it becomes overwhelming very easily. I am here to work side by side with you to help you manage your diabetes for a healthy lifestyle.”
“We are excited to have Kathy join our team at Davis County Medical Associates,” said Carleena Brown, Clinic Director. “Her unique skill set in diabetes management, is an essential support piece that we can now offer our patients. Managing diabetes can be difficult, and we’re thrilled to be able to now offer this additional resource to our patients.”
To schedule an appointment with Kathy at Davis County Medical Associates clinic, please call 641-664-3832. A doctor referral is not required.