DCHC is committed to helping you understand and prepare for potential out-of-pocket costs related to services you may receive at our hospital. This information is provided in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirement [CMS 1717-F2] for hospitals to make public their standard charges in two ways:
- Comprehensive Machine-Readable File
- Patient Pricing Estimator (Consumer-Friendly Shoppable Services)
Patient Pricing Estimator
You may request an estimate from DCHC’s Patient Pricing Estimator to determine an estimate of your test or procedure and out-of-pocket expense. This is only an estimate and not a guarantee cost of services. Actual total charges could increase or decrease depending on what may be required to carry out your physician’s orders and where you are at in your deductible and copay.
Comprehensive Machine-Readable File
The Comprehensive Machine-Readable File contains standard charges for all items and services provided by DCHC. The standard charges list the gross charges, payer-specific negotiated charges, discounted cash prices, and minimum and maximum negotiated charges that apply to each item or service when provided (see definitions below). The information in this file is current as of the last upload.
Definition of Standard Charges
- Gross Charges- the charge for an individual item or service that is reflected in the hospital’s chargemaster, absent any discounts
- Discounted Cash Price- the charge that applies to an individual who pays cash, or cash equivalent, for a hospital item or service
- Payer-Specific Negotiated Charge- the charge negotiated with a third-party payer (insurance company) for an item or service
- De-identified Minimum Negotiated Charges- the lowest charge negotiated with all third-party payers for an item or service
- De-identified Maximum Negotiated Charges- the highest charge negotiated with all third-party payers for an item or service
Determining what services are going to cost can be confusing. Our Patient Financial Services team is available to help you better understand the estimate and out-of-pocket costs. Contact them at 641-664-2145 for assistance.